Transform commodity batteries into storage powerhouses
License disruptive technology—speed time to market
Eliminate the high cost of in-house battery R&D
Cut cost and complexity—and compare us to the competition. Our comprehensive and field-tested battery system platform reduces battery system cost up to 50% and complexity by up to 90%.
Regardless of battery chemistry, the cost-effective ElectronVault Battery System Platform™ includes redundant, locally autonomous safety and management systems, as well as full cell failure propagation termination features.
Eliminate the risks and costs of in-house battery research development. Now available by license, the patent-pending ElectronVault Battery System Platform technologies make the most of a ground-breaking universal battery management system, an integrated thermal system platform and seamless cell-joining processes.
Battery systems designed to last decades
Batteries are durable goods with the expectation of long service life, mission-critical reliability, and inexpensive maintenance. Cell joining technologies are a keystone in the ElectronVault Battery System Platform portfolio. System complexity and cost is reduced in ElectronVault battery systems because critical safety and thermal management functions are inherent to the cell–cell joining layer providing electrical interconnection and current balancing.
- The ElectronVault family of novel cell joining technologies provides:
- Failsafe, first-pass cell to cell joining
- High quality electrical connectivity without supporting contact point failures
- Current balancing
- Temperature sensing and reactivity
- Self-actuating safety management
- Individual cell and component replacement
- Cut-and-paste series/parallel reconfiguration (Authorized Personnel Only)
- Autonomous primary and secondary layers of thermal, safety, electrical and battery management
Universal Battery Management System (BMS)
A battery system is a dynamic system, so it is important to understand and manage battery cell performance during each moment of system operation without adding power drains, complexity, or cost to the system. By capturing, and managing, the entire range of battery cell behavior during active charging and discharging, ElectronVault's universal BMS enables a high degree of fault tolerance and flexibility in a battery system.
The ElectronVault universal battery management system provides:
- Graceful degradation
- High reliability
- Dependable system performance levels
- Cell-level maintainability
- Intermixing of old and new cells
- Intermixing of unmatched cells
- Intermixing of cells from different manufacturers in the same system
- Battery chemistry flexibility (operable with lead acid batteries or supercapacitors as easily as with lithium ion battery cells)
Extend battery life with a new approach to thermal management
ElectronVault’s proprietary thermal management systems increase reliability and customer satisfaction by extending the life of battery components—and can double cell life spans. This high-efficiency technology ensures that cells from any of the major battery chemistries degrade much more slowly than in other battery systems.
Meet safety requirements head-on
Instill consumer and regulatory confidence with an array of built-in safety features. Regardless of battery chemistry, ElectronVault systems include redundant, locally autonomous safety and management systems, as well as comprehensive cell failure propagation termination features.